Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Plot Swap: Cute Meet Stye

Dawn's Plot Swap
Have a plot? Leave one
Need a plot ? Take one 
Let's swap cute meets this week. 
For those of you not into romance writing, here is a definition for Urbandictionary.com:
Scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-be-together-forever sort of way (the more unusual, the better).
 

My first one for today is a personal story. My great-grandma was one of my all-time favorite people. She drove a mustang well into her 80's and had three husbands before it was fashionable. I always loved to hear her tell the story of how she met her first husband:
"A girl I knew in town was having a party. I went with a gentlemen friend named, Sam. Now, mind you, he was just a friend. In those days, the men would all gather on the porch to smoke.  After we had been at the party awhile, it was getting late and I needed to be heading home. I looked around for Sam. When I didn't find him, I thought he must be on the porch with the other men. 
It was dark  and when I stepped out on the porch, I couldn't see anything so I just said, "Sam, I'm ready to go home now."
This handsome man that I had never seen before stepped up and said, "Well, I don't think we've met, but my name is Sam and I'd be happy to take you home."  So, I let him.
 
This is what else I have for you this week: 
 
[A]woman in a hurry cut off another driver Thursday, then flashed him her middle finger. Unfortunately for her, that other driver turned out be [a]Milwaukee County Sheriff.
What if he was a handsome, single, county sheriff who is also assigned to oversee her community service sentence? 

6 comments:

Martina Boone said...

What a fun idea! Love this. I don't have any ideas to swap, but it was a lot of fun reading what is here! :D

Martina

Jessica R. Patch said...

LOVE your grandma's story! She sounds fun and sassy. :)

I don't think I can top that. Although it might be funny if the lady flipped the guy off and then freaked out inside because 1. she knew it was wrong and dad gum, she was on the way to start her new position on the church staff as a women's counselor. And 2. the guy was smoking hot. Then when she gets to the church lo and behold the man she flipped off is the Pastor's son. He finds her gesture amusing but uses it as bribery for a date! :)

Dawn Alexander said...

Martina~ Glad you stopped by!
Jessica~ You always make the best stories out of these!

Tressa Green said...

I don't have anything to contribute either, but I love today's post!

Julie Glover said...

Okay, I'll give you my grandparents story. A young woman moved into my grandmother's town from another state, bringing with her pictures of boys who wanted pen pals. My grandma chose the redhead. For the next several years, my grandmother and grandfather wrote to each other as pen pals.

She was dating another boy when my grandfather said he was coming through town on the train and wanted to meet her. So they met and spent a day or two together. She broke up with her boyfriend, and some time after my grandfather mailed her an engagement ring with a marriage proposal.

They were married for over 50 years.

Not bad, eh? Too bad I'm not a romance writer, or I could do something with that.

Dawn Alexander said...

Tressa~ As always, thank you for stopping by!

Julie~ That is the sweetest thing ever.