Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Some Like It Hot

Tell Me Your Story Tuesday.

First of all, let me say I LOVE TEXAS.
I have to, right? Only someone crazy in love would tolerate this kind of behavior. 

Want to hear something sad? The above graphic represents  a "cool down" from last week. That's right, folks. 106 degrees is considered a "cool down". Just shoot me. 

In case you haven't noticed, I am slightly delirious from the heat and struggling with coherency today. Partially because this wonderful song has been stuck in my head all day!




Ooh, 
Eddie Murphy before 
he was the voice of Donkey.
What else could you ask for?

Okay, enough about the heat.
The truth is I love Texas because I hate snow.

Of course, my beloved betrayed me this year. The whole state basically shut down for a week because of a snowstorm. Those of you who live in places where it snows all the time and think we might have overreacted. Remember: Snow in Texas is always proceeded by a layer of ice. We don't have chains for our tires. We don't own parkas  and we only dress in layers if it is fashionable.

I will suffer through the heat and the occasional blizzard. (Trust me, in our world, it was a blizzard!) for wearing short sleeves into October and the beautiful spring days of March and April. 

So, tell me your story. What is it like where you live? What do you love about it? What do you hate about it?


2 comments:

Genevieve Wilson said...

I heart Texas, too. I don't heart ice.

I picked up my 16-yr-old from marching practice tonight about 8:30, and he remarked how it was so much cooler that they worked outside instead of in the gym. I looked at the thermostat in my car and said, "Oh you're right. It's only 103."

Tressa Green said...

I love Indiana because we have all four seasons that are expressed properly as seasons should. ;) It's snowy and cold in winter, rainy in spring, hot in the summer and perfectly pleasant in the fall. But the really nice thing about weather in Indiana is there's nothing in extreme. It's hot and humid in summer but nothing like the south. It's cold and blustery in the winter but nothing like the north. We're safely out of coastal weather, mostly out of reach of tornado alley. Indiana is the most perfect place to live in all the union. :)

As for the snow and cold... I have a saying: "You can bundle up as much as you like to get warm, but you can only strip down so far and you'll still be hot." XP