Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mental Health Day

Tell Me Your Story Tuesday

Mental Health Day
This is actually a picture of a mud puddle.

I am taking the day off. 
I never just use a personal day unless I have a sick kid, mom in the hospital or a three-inch deep river flooding from my hot water heater through my house.

Thankfully, I am experiencing none of that at the moment. 
I am still taking the day off. 

One of my dear friends from college, a man no less, taught me the value of a mental health day. He would often abandon all of us and take what he referred to as a "me day". It usually involved taking himself to lunch, a movie and some shopping. 
Today, for reasons I won't bore you with here,
I desperately need a "Me Day".

I haven't decided exactly what to do.
Other than, nothing I don't want to do.
So, Tell Me Your Story. Do you take Me Days? If you do or could, what would you do? What would be your favorite place to spend a day alone? 



2 comments:

Jessica R. Patch said...

I think "ME" days are important. We give to our family, our friends, our outside activities whether it's church or clubs but we put ourselves on the backburner.

If we don't take care of us, we fail all those other things, or at least have no energy to do our very best.

I like to go to the library and read, watch a movie alone, get a pedi and my hair done. Just anything I want! It usually involves chocolate in there somewhere.

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Oh, so jealous! I've had to take so many "my dad is in the hospital" or "my kids has a dentist appointment" days the past few months that I can't get away with any mental health days (in spite of the fact that I think we can all see that I need one!).

I took one during November to work on my NaNo project...I went to a bunch of different places to write, an hour or so at a time: Starbucks, the library, Borders, another Coffee place, the park. It was great, and I got a lot done!

Enjoy, and remember to BREATHE! It's all going to be good, whatever it is!