Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time to lock up Boris!

Tomorrow is November!
FINALLY!

I feel like this is New Year's Eve. I am beyond excited about NaNoWriMo.
Last year, I only told my husband I was participating and that was after I was a few weeks in. I didn't use my real name on the NaNo site. I did not know any  other writers.

What a difference a year makes!

I have two blogs now.
I am using my professional name on the NaNo site.
My husband has known for weeks exactly how many days until I would be unavailable to do anything but mutter to myself on the couch.:)
I have a support group of fellow writer counting down the minutes with me. 
I have even downloaded novel writing software to test out.

I feel infinitely more confident than I did last year.

Until I don't...

I don't have any idea what I am going to write.
I don't know if I am going to have the time to write.

I don't want to fail.

Which is why I kept the same signature I used before:

"You only fail if you stop writing." ~ Ray Bradbury

So, it is time to lock up Boris. My ugly troll-like internal editor. He likes to shake his head at me and say things like, "They are all just talking heads! Make them do something!" or "Really? That was the best you could do?"  He resembles Thimbletack from the Spiderwick Chronicles.
He starts off looking like this.
Then he gets angry and frustrated with my progress. He starts to howl and wail. Then he turns to this.
He prefers honey, but I supplement with extra sticky peanut butter, especially during NaNo.

Sorry, Boris, time to get in your cage. It's only 30 days. I am sure you understand. See you December 1st! 






HAPPY NOVEMBER! 

No comments: